In this article, let’s discuss how to create and setup a twitter application.
Steps to follow:
1. Visit the Twitter Developers Site.
2. Sign in with your Twitter Account. If you don’t have a Twitter account, just create a new Twitter account by clicking here.
3. Go to “My Applications”.
4. Click on “Create a new application” button.
5. Fill in the application details. You need to give your app a unique name. Write a description and put your website in the website field.
6. Make sure you have read the “Developer Rules Of The Road”, check the “Yes, I agree” box, fill in the CAPTCHA and click the “Create your Twitter application” button.
7. You will be presented with lots of information.
8. Create Your Access Token by clicking the “Create my access token”. This access token will allow your Twitter application to read Twitter information like tweets, mentions, lists etc.
9. Click on “Settings” tab, scroll down to where it says “Application Type”. Change the access type to “Read and Write” to be able to read Twitter data and send tweets and select “Read, Write and access direct messages” if you want to also have access to your direct messages.
Also tick the checkbox “Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter”, if you want your application to be used to “Sign in with Twitter”.
10. Once you have done this, make a note of your settings like Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, OAuth Access Token, OAuth Access Token Secret.
You have many choices of Twitter Libraries which you can use with your Twitter app depends upon the programming language.