It’s been a long time I was planning to go for Microsoft certification. Finally I have done it.
When I saw there was an offer from Microsoft where if you fail in the first attempt, you will get another shot for free. I thought this might be good opportunity to start with 😉 https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-70-480.aspx
Finally I booked exam and started preparing. Exam fee was $206. I am writing this blog post for the developers who are preparing for the exam. Hope my experience will help them preparing for the exam.
There are lots of resources available on the internet which sometimes make difficult to decide what to read and what NOT to read. If have you minimun 2 to 3 years of experience in development, 1 month (1 hour daily) is sufficient to finish the studies required for this exam.
1. Before you start preparation, go through the “Skills Measured” section here. Make sure you understand the concepts and weightage for each topic.
3. Go through W3school online web tutorials. This really helps in exam as you can try code snippets and see the output right there on the screen. Specially following topics.
4. You can try Jsbin if you want to write and test your own code blocks.
5. If you have existing Pluralsight subscription or if you want to have it, you can go through variety of videos. Take a look at the pluralsight blog.
6. If you want to have real exam experience try Axiommanifold.com They provide the practice exams for free.
I struggled to find my exam center lol, jokes apart. I finished my exam in 130 Minutes. There were 59 questions. It was good experience to me and I enjoyed my exam. Result was joyful to me. I passed my exam with good score.
If you have any questions or doubts, add a comment.
Hope this helps. Good luck!